End user experience with files
- SharePoint app
- Other office products
Office integration for tagging files
- Enterprise keywords
- Office client
- Open word, save as..SharePoint locations are there
- The end user needs to use the system
- Pin to list when you are saving
- Notice breadcrumbs
- Notice favorites
- Notice quick access
- Settings/enterprise keywords (we need to do this for our internal customers)*
- Uses managed metadata
- Column and default settings
- When people drop it here..tag it with this
- It only tags those that are added after you have activated the tagging in site settings
- Library, list, folder (you can tag them all
Keywords are free form, so people can put nonsense, but the benefits outweigh the negatives.
- No folders, show all files without folders in settings.
- Column/default value settings
- What users type overrides default values (this is problematic).
One drive is just a document library that syncs with your local
- Use of explorer to create views and tags locally
Admin of metadata
- You can manage the metadata after it has been entered
- Establish organization of metadata
- If a keyword is misspelled you shouldn’t delete it..this seems like a problem *
- Create synonyms
- Create acronyms
Term Store Demo:
- Organizing the term store
- Create a managed meta data column
- Choose term store terms i.e. CFO
- User can only use certain terms
- In a tree structure
- Policy document
- Metadata offline
Customized search center
- Recommend creating a search Center
- Customize it through tags, and refine your search
- Should taxonomies, folksonomies, tagging, term store, keywords grow organically, or should there be a fairly strict structure through governance.
- Depends on the site, group, team, wiki, etc.
- Manage the term store often.
- The deeper it is the less relevant it becomes. Be careful with this.